- What is your experience and training and how did you come to our school?
I hold a bachelor of arts in K-8 general education, highly qualified status for middle school language and math, a master of science in special education K-12, GT certification, and Stanford math certification. I was recommended for the job of teaching special education by a former employee 10 years ago.
- Why do you believe in our public charter Montessori school?
I believe in Montessori education. It is very closely linked to how special education is taught, lead by the child and their needs.
- What are your beliefs about guiding all children- those that struggle and excel?
All children can be successful no matter if they are struggling or excelling. Montessori is presented to all levels, helping them achieve the next step.
- What does partnering with parents and community look like for your classroom?
My classroom is part of each classroom at the levels I work with. In that realm we work with parents and our school community to help each student accomplish their goals.
- What is the method in which you grow professionally and personally?
Continued education, learning from my peers, learning from my students.
- Where do you see yourself and HDMS in 5 years?
I see myself continuing to grow in my position and creating/maintaining the relationships I have with students, parents, and my community.